Adapted from: The Harris Sisters
5 apples, cored, and sliced (you can peel, I choose not too)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup apple juice
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add apples, sugars, apple juice, cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla to baking dish, stirring to incorporate.
- Place butter on top of apples
- Cover and bake for about 1-1.5 hours. Stirring every 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil for the last 30 minutes.